Primary Muffler Bypass, 997.2 09- "Brombacher"
Part #: BES 997 230 00S1
Delivery Time: In Stock
DescriptionPerfect for those who are looking for a small increase in sound, with subtle low tones.
Fits the OEM exhaust or the Porsche® Sport Exhaust (PSE).
FACTS (Based on 997S):
- + 5 crank hp & + 4 crank torque Gain
- 2 ½” (63.5 mm) diameter tubing (reduces thermal stress)
- 5.5 lbs weight savings
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304
- Adjustable design for easy installation
- Includes Quick release clamps
- Made in Germany
- Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle
- No DME programming necessary
- fits with or without sound switch system
- Weight: 4.6kg (10.14lbs)
- tech tip: mounting kit FVD MK 997 301
FIGURES (Based on 997S):
Engine - 6 Cylinder Boxer
Capacity - 3800ccm
Compression ratio - 12,5:1
Max. Power - 283kW (385HP) @ 6500rpm
Max. Torque - 420Nm (310lbf ft) @ 4400rpm
Max. Speed - 300km/h (186mph)
Max. RPM - 7500rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph) - 4.5s
FVD Level 2 Tuning (Includes FVD software, sport air filter, primary bypass and sport muffler):
Max. Power - 298kW (405HP) @ 6500rpm
Max. Torque - 440Nm (325lbf ft) @ 4500rpm
Max. Speed - 308km/h (191mph)
Max. RPM - 7700rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph) - 4.4s
Our “Brombacher” Primary muffler bypass system for the 2009- 997/997S increases the exhaust sound quality, volume and flow with its 2 1/2 inch (63.5 mm) diameter tubing. We noted a small increase in power, 5 crank hp and 4 crank torque on the 997S. Our system allows the right and left banks to breathe separately which creates the gain in hp and torque. The increase in mass and velocity of exhaust flow reduced backpressure and also thermal stress. The resulting sound exhibited a strong, linear, firing-order dominated flat 6 Porsche® sound, which was louder and more distinguished. This system does not produce any drone in the cabin whatsoever. The bypass is fully adjustable for easy installation, which reduces installation costs.
Brombacher exhausts are engineered for the discerning Porsche® owner and offer unmatched performance, unparalleled quality, and incredible value. These high tech German manufactured systems are tested comprehensively for flow characteristics, flow rate, thermal stress, cracking, and longevity. All of our exhaust systems also meet the standards of the German independent testing agency TÜV, whose quality standards are among some of the strictest in the world.
Like all European Vehicles, FVD parts are TÜV approved. What is TÜV approval you ask? Basically, German-registered road vehicles may not be operated on public roads without a certificate from the TÜV. Also, all modifications must be approved, from installing tires of a different size to materials used in nuts and bolts. TÜV's safety guidelines are among the strictest in the world, and getting a road permit for thoroughly customized vehicles borders on the impossible.
FVD’s parts passed these criteria in order to obtain the TÜV stamp of approval:
- Corrosion Test – Exterior metal parts (ie exhaust, brakes, rims, etc.) must undergo a HCL (Hydrocloric Acid) bath, which speeds up the corrosion process. This ensures long lasting, highly durable parts which benefit the end consumer.
- Extreme Temperature Test – Items are put through –40 degree’s Celcius to + 85 degree’s Celcius sudden temperature change. This test ensures that material expansion and contraction does not cause cracking or material inconsistency.
- Material Analysis – Chemical and Microscopic material analysis is done to determine the correct percentages of Iron, Zinc and many other elements. This also ensures material consistencey and longevity.
- Exhaust Temperature Test – Exhaust items are also put through a series of extremely high temperature tests in order to assure the consumer that parts can withstand cracking and splitting. Test temperatures exceed 1,400 degree’s Celcius!! For reference normal exhaust gas temperatures are only 800 degree’s Celcius.
FVD Exhaust Systems Carry A 2 Year Warranty!.
Size: 41.34 x 11.81 x 7.48 inchesFID: BES.997.230.00S1
Product weight incl. Packing: 10.8 pounds
Product weight incl. Packing: 10.8 pounds
|997.2 (09-12)||Carrera, 3.6L, 254kW (09-)|
|Carrera S, 3.8L, 283kW (09-)|
|Carrera 4, 3.6L, 254kW (09-)|
|Carrera 4S, 3.8L, 283kW (09-)|
|Carrera GTS2, 3.8L, 300kW (10-)|
|Carrera GTS4, 3.8L, 300kW (12-)|
|Speedster, 3.8L, 300kW (10-)|