Sport Muffler, 997.2 09- "Brombacher" (Sound Version)
Part #: BES 997 250 00S
Delivery Time: In Stock
Description40% louder than stock with much lower, deeper tones and an exotic gurgle and crackle off throttle.
+ 5 crank hp & + 2 crank torque
- 2 ½ (63.5 mm) diameter tubing (reduces thermal stress)
- Weighs 33 lbs. (15,0 Kg)
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304
- Factory Stamped for true Porsche® sound
- Made in Germany
- Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle
- Reuses factory tips or any aftermarket tip designed to fit OEM exhaust. (3.6L Mod. need 3.8L tips)
- No DME programming necessary
FIGURES (Based on 997S):
Engine - 6 Cylinder Boxer
Capacity - 3800ccm
Compression ratio - 12,5:1
Max. Power - 283kW (385HP) @ 6500rpm
Max. Torque - 420Nm (310lbf ft) @ 4400rpm
Max. Speed - 300km/h (186mph)
Max. RPM - 7500rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph)- 4.5s
Tuning (Includes FVD software, sport air filter and sport muffler):
Max. Power - 294kW (400HP) @ 6500rpm
Max. Torque - 435Nm (321lbf ft) @ 4500rpm
Max. Speed - 307km/h (191mph)
Max. RPM - 7700rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph)- 4.4s
The export sound version of our "Brombacher" sport mufflers gives the new 997 DFI a more pronounced, aggressive sound compared to factory mufflers. These end-mufflers are much less restrictive than the factory system which reduces thermal stress. The "Brombacher" sport mufflers are for the person who truly wants to hear the deep, throaty sound their 997 can make.
FVD is proud to introduce our newest line of Brombacher exhaust systems. Brombacher exhausts are engineered for the discerning Porsche® owner and offer unmatched performance, unparalleled quality, and incredible value. All of our exhausts are manufactured in Germany and are tested comprehensively for flow rate and characteristics, thermal stress, resistance to cracking, and longevity.
Brombacher mufflers are factory stamped externally; unlike our competitors systems. This outer shell dampens and eliminates unwanted frequencies and ensures no resonance or drone in the cabin. The end result is a strong, linear, firing-order dominated flat-6 Porsche® sound. In addition, Brombacher exhausts systems are available for ultimate performance full titanium. Our titanium systems are nearly 40% lighter compared steel and are available for late model, water cooled applications. Each of our exhausts have been extensively tested on both a chassis and engine dyno as well as logged thousands of miles on both the street and at the track. All this research, development and testing ensures maximum horsepower gains throughout a broad power band; all while maintaining reasonable sound levels for the street and provide a distinct, sporty exhaust note that is purely Porsche®.
We strongly suggest replacing worn gaskets and hardware with our pre-packaged installation kits.
Like all European Vehicles, FVD parts are TÜV approved. What is TÜV approval you ask? Basically, German-registered road vehicles may not be operated on public roads without a certificate from the TÜV. Also, all modifications must be approved, from installing tires of a different size to materials used in nuts and bolts. TÜV's safety guidelines are among the strictest in the world, and getting a road permit for thoroughly customized vehicles borders on the impossible.
FVDs parts passed these criteria in order to obtain the TÜV stamp of approval:
- Corrosion Test: Exterior metal parts (ie exhaust, brakes, rims, etc.) must undergo a HCL (Hydrocloric Acid) bath, which speeds up the corrosion process. This ensures long lasting, highly durable parts which benefit the end consumer.
- Extreme Temperature Test: Items are put through a 40 degrees Celcius to + 85 degrees Celcius sudden temperature change. This test ensures that material expansion and contraction does not cause cracking or material inconsistency.
- Material Analysis: Chemical and Microscopic material analysis is done to determine the correct percentages of iron, zinc and many other elements. This also ensures material consistencey and longevity.
- Exhaust Temperature Test: Exhaust items are also put through a series of extremely high temperature tests in order to assure the consumer that parts can withstand cracking and splitting. Test temperatures exceed 1,400 degrees Celcius. For reference normal exhaust gas temperatures are only 800 degrees Celcius.
FVD Exhaust Systems Carry A 2 Year Warranty!.
Size: 23.62 x 17.32 x 22.44 inchesFID: BES.997.250.00S
Product weight incl. Packing: 36.16 pounds
Product weight incl. Packing: 36.16 pounds
|997.2 (09-12)||Carrera, 3.6L, 254kW (09-)|
|Carrera S, 3.8L, 283kW (09-)|
|Carrera 4, 3.6L, 254kW (09-)|
|Carrera 4S, 3.8L, 283kW (09-)|